Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Almost ready to GO!

Hello!

So, we're headed out next Monday!  We leave the MTC at eight in the morning, a small miracle considering the missionaries in our district going to Denver are leaving at five! Yikes! There are the four missionaries from our district heading to Fresno, and then three more Hermanas headed to Fresno who I met when I got to sing in the choir!  We got permission from our Branch President to skip a workshop so we could go participate in the choir!  It was absolutely amazing!  We sang "Were Can I Turn for Peace."  It was a beautiful arrangement, and I had a fun time singing alto with some girls in my branch who are going to Finland! 

The speaker at the devotional was Julie B. Beck!  She gave such an amazing talk about how the eternal family and the covenants we make in the temple are central to the gospel of Jesus Christ that we are spreading.  It was so amazing, I don't know if there is a way for you to watch MTC devotionals, but if you can you should! (Also if you find a way to watch the devotional and it has the song still with it, I'm wearing a pink sweater I kind of stand out, so keep your for eyes peeled for me!)

We had our first Relief Society at the MTC on Sunday, and they are very different here.  We have a guest speaker.  This past week it was someone very dear to me!  Sister Jean A. Stevens, the First Counselor in the Primary Presidency!  It was such a treat to see her again.  After she spoke I went up to her and said, "Hi, remember me?"  She did remember me, and gave me such a big hug!  She was just as excited to see me!  It was just so nice, another tender mercy of the Lord!

I loved going to the temple last week, the Provo temple is beautiful inside, and it is so amazing to go with other missionaries!  I will admit a bit of homesickness hit as I was sitting in the Celestial Room.  I was one of the first in our session through and I went and sat down waiting for everyone else to come in.  As I was sitting there I realized that mom and grandma wouldn't be coming in to be with me. 

We had the most amazing teaching experience last week!  At the MTC, our teachers pretend to be investigators from their missions, and we practice teaching them. My teacher, Brother Nate, is pretending to be a man named James.  Sister Ingram and I were lost as to what we should teach him, and then finally it came.  It was so amazing to be inspired by the spirit!  I have also been focusing a lot more on listening when others are speaking and not worrying about what to say next.  It is amazing how when you put your trust in the spirit, it really does direct you as to what you should say!

 Also for those of you who have been asking--I see Daniel all the time!  We have the same mealtime so it's a daily, sometimes twice daily occurrence.  I've been able to meet his companion too, he seems really nice!  As for his headaches he seems to be doing ok, but he did show me all of his medicines the other day.  I also got a picture w/ Daniel, but we're in nasty clothes in the MTC bookstore.

My time is just about up; I loved all the mail from everyone!  I got the pie, and the Halloween package yesterday!  Thank you for your love and support, I can really feel it everyday!  Love you all and can't wait to write to you from Fresno next week!!!

Love,
Sister Catherine Caramella


No comments:

Post a Comment